SIBCR receives significant grant support from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) relative to other federal agencies, private companies and voluntary health organizations. This website frequently references NIH policy and procedures more than other sponsors for this reason. It is important to note that, in addition to NIH funding, SIBCR has awards with other government agencies, private industry, voluntary health organizations and nonprofit foundations. Below is a selection of these sponsors. More information on private industry studies is available in the Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) section of this website.
Please note that proposal requirements can vary widely between sponsors. Principal Investigators (PIs) considering a proposal to any of these entities listed below, or to one not listed here, are encouraged to contact an SIBCR grant administrator as early as possible in the submission process to allow sufficient time for review and preparation of the required materials and to meet our internal deadlines.
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- BrightFocus Foundation
- The John A. Hartford Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Life Sciences Discovery Fund
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- National Parkinson Foundation
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Federal funding opportunities can generally be found by searching on www.grants.gov. Specific Program Announcements (PAs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) provide information on submission guidelines and the relevant forms. An abbreviated list of frequently searched agencies is below:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- National Council on Disability
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation **
Funding opportunities can also be found using this system.